Working creatively


Having gained a wealth of knowledge from my many years in the shopfitting industry.

Building something as simple as a small kiosk in a shopping mall, fitting out major retail outlets across Australia. And performing complete renovations to to office buildings, to the tenant's designs. Sometimes in such a way as to keep the office in general operational. This is difficult yet not impossible, it just needs a bit of planning and forethought

lately I have been called upon by a friend, to design and manufacture overhead cabinets in their kitchen, and to modify their counter top for so they could install their new oven. I'm pleased to say they love the way my cabinets have cleaned up what was, not a user friendly design.

My current project sees me quoting for a clothing store that I regularly buy my wardrobe items from.
All in all it is quite an extensive make over comprising of:

two new change-rooms,



a free standing mirror


and 

extra hanging rails to the back of the change-rooms.




And this is just stage one.

Stage two will see me constructing several office partitions from the floor up, and remodelling their staff kitchen.  

As I sat designing the layout and the various fixtures, I remembered what is I enjoy so much about my work.
Its seeing the smiling face of another happy customer, yes I like the money too obviously

Its a great feeling to know that I still possess a talent and to see that all my skills are still as sharp as they were years ago. now all I need to do is learn how to sell myself.

No comments: