Let it Snow

Christmas in July




Food, Friends and laughter
What more could you possibly want from life
Once again my lovely friend organised the now regular Christmas in July.
And once more she thanklessly succeeded in making an event to remember

Walking into "Oenoviva" a restaurant that had once been "Monroe's" still a regular meeting point. I was instantly taken back to last years event, and the lovely dress I wore last year.

And this year was no different

A table full of wonderful people coming together to share a meal and a laugh as we enjoyed a sumptuous traditional Christmas dinner.
All the while being serenaded by the seductive Jazz singer, singing all of my favourite songs
Honey glazed ham with tart apple sauce, Turkey and cranberry jelly, roast potatoes and pumpkin. Sausages and gravy. All perfectly cooked and piled high on platters. The only thing missing was the Yorkshire puddings my mum used to make.
Finished of with what can only be described as the most sumptuous Christmas pudding and double thick cream I've ever had.
With belly's full, I'm sure we would have all gone for a quick nap if only there had been lounge chairs.

I know Christmas is only Five months away, but I am already looking forward to the next Christmas in July.
    



My apologies in advance for the grainy pictures
(that's why not all of you are shown here)
I will have to write to Santa and ask
for a new camera .


My lovely friend Christine, the hostess that made this all possible  




Merry Christmas
 Everyone
&
  I hope too see you all next year

1 comment:

Ina said...

YES it was fun, good and a happy time. You where delightful as usual and loved your dress.
Thanks Christine for setting things up.