the Parents Meet Alice

  After not having seen either my Mum or Dad since the 29th of December 2010
  At which stage only my Mum was aware that I had finally decided to transition to become Alice
and give up on living the lie I had somehow manage to live for so long
   A few weeks ago i found out they were travelling and coming to meet me .
Which at that stage didn't really bother me that much as I had my own list of problems that were consuming what little time and energy I had leaving me little time to worry about meeting my parents.
Saturday I picked up some lay-bys that I had picked out for the event and made sure I had chosen well .
Sunday was a lovely relaxing day going for coffee with a new friend and chatting over coffee . but by the time I had got home and freshened up and re-did my make-up , I started having fears
first they would get to the door and laugh in my face and call me sick and perverted - or worse still just not show up at all. or if they did it would be a case of not being able to cope seeing me as a girl

  Meanwhile on the other side of Melbourne they were expecting me to cancel on them ,because I wasn't ready to see them or one of the  other silly excuses I manage to come up with
  4:30 I get a call from my mum checking to see if were still ok for tea tonight , of course " I'm here ready and waiting"I say as if I'm not nervous and afraid about meeting my parents for the first time as my true self.
 
  Sure enough 5:30 my parents arrive and ,they are as you would expect taken aback by this girl that opens the door to greet them and proceeds to give them a big hug . after their initial shock at seeing me we head of to a local Italian restaurant and were all relaxed and enjoying a nice cold beverage and pondering on what shall I try tonight  Although this is such a normal occurrence in every day life , it amazed me with its normalcy this night
we chatted all through the starters main meal and through the fabulous Tim Tam cheese cake which although being so scrumptious I was unable to finish it all even after only ordering the entrĂ©e sized main meal of
Moroccan  Lamb Risotto which was scrumptious. I want to go back and just order that in the main size . heaven





  So on rather full belly's we headed back toward the car , and of course Melbourne being Melbourne it was now icy cold, not that nice sunny warmth that had been there just two hours ago. so its back of to my home for coffee  and another good chat .
  Its strange that the one person i thought least able to accept my decision to become the girl I have always known I was , Is proud of me and respects me more than he ever did before > finally I have the support of both my parents ,and all I had to do to get that was transition , simple if you say it fast enough 
Its so strange too realise That aside from going full-time and having my surgeries. Dinner with my parents is in a way the last big scary step in my life at the moment  . But then again there is dating and love , they can be scary too

Mwah


=^.^=

No comments: