Leave the nice lady to do her work

So it has been just One month, Two weeks and Three Days of living Full-time as me.
 And  One month and Two days working Full-time

So far every day has become easier as I grow ever more comfortable within myself
All my interactions so far have been so positive that at times its all a bit overwhelming at how easily I have managed to transition so far, compared to the fears I had of being ridiculed and frowned upon

Even going to job sites working around macho types has proved to be  of no real concern at all. even on the sites where only a short while ago they interacted with me as this strange looking boy. they have shown total respect even from the few that give you a puzzled look as if to say " what the "

Just today I had  what will probably be a defining moment for me

I knocked on the door of a customer and introduced my self " Hi I'm Alice and I will be installing your new shower screens  ( by the way I make and fit showers ) .
after all the pleasantries and the offer of tea , I set up my tools and begin installing the first of her two showers
within moments her shy yet curious four year old son is watching as I work , all young boys love the sound of power tools, and he was no exception
Mum also is eagerly watching as I finish the first one
setting up for the next I hear her say

" leave the lady to finish her work "


Well the smile on my face saw me threw the next installation and pretty much stayed their all day 
in fact even now I'm looking more and more like Chessur every minute , pretty soon I,ll disappear just leaving behind a big grin 






If  this last month is any indication of things to come,
then I will be one very happy girl 
very much in love with the world.







2 comments:

Ina said...

O' where has Alice gone?
I'm very happy for you that things are going so well :) or should it just be )

Bree said...

Yep, the lady installs shower screens. xo :-)