Pen War



I was at Myers Chadstone, just window shopping with a friend when I noticed  that they have a huge pen department
So I dragged my friend over and drooled over some of the lovely and expensive pen sets . Eventually I remembered why I was there and asked one of the sales staff if they had different nibs for my fountain pen as mine is at times a little too broad for my style
well the sales guy was anything less than helpful as he stood there with a condescending glare, as if he was wasting his precious life even acknowledging my existence   I felt like slapping him just for being born when another sales guy walked up just in time to rescue me from doing just that.
He had a look at my Lamy fountain pen and ushered me over to a drawer full of nibs and offered me a no3 to replace my no5 nib I had to explain to him that he no3 was to fine for my writing style and seeing that he couldn't find the nib I wanted
He suggested a program for me that would allow me to reproduce my style using the printer after I had written my letter on my computer
That's about when I lost all remaining sensibility and and asked him why in the world would I want to write my deepest thoughts on the computer just to print them out. It was at this time the obnoxious one decided to put his two cents worth in. Well that was about all I could cope with as I rose and unsheathed the nib of my pen and began to attack I lunged parried and slashed at his chest leaving blue splotches and sweeping lines over the front of his crisply starched shirt

As guards and passing shoppers puled us away he broke down sobbing at the sight of his once clean shirt
and accused me of leaving the deepest wounds "this is the the darkest blue I have seen" he cried , as he was dragged away
come on it was only royal blue mixed with a little black ink
I felt somewhat vindicated as I got ejected from both the shop and my dream
and thrust back into the reality of my workaday life



Beware not to annoy me today, or I might write you a scathing letter

1 comment:

Ina said...

As long as it is in your best hand writing and using the Ina spelling checker :)