Birthday

Birthdays are funny things

you have in mind exactly how you want it to go lots of cards from lots of friends even if you don't really talk to them or know them in the real world

This year I had planned on having a big dinner party with all my friends nearby at some swanky restaurant
more to make me feel like I had lots of close friends
But as I was heading back home from Adelaide I realised I would be just as happy sleeping through my
uhhmmm how old did I say I was again....... oh yes that's right . My 36th birthday   

My amazing friend in Sydney sent me flowers and the Iris's have just started to fully open showing both the blue and the pink petals of the Lily . I love both  Iris's and lily's. they have a great scent and if cared for they last 7 - 10 days


Ive never had Pink Iris's before so I was surprised this morning when the next flower opened up pink Im curios to see just what colour the next bloom will be

For my Birthday I ended up going shopping almost all Day with a Close friend in search of nice tops for my fist week back at work finally as Me . Granted I think she's trying to get me fat again or say I need sweetening up as we Shared a Huge plate of churros and chocolate dipping sauces

 I only wish that this was the size of the plate ours was three times the size 

They are basically a thin crispy doughnut batter but so yummy you don't want to stop at just one
and I swear within half an hour I could feel all that extra sugar coursing around
So It was lucky we had a huge shopping mall to explore
which also is a double edged sword so many beautiful dresses that I could easily have caused my credit card to spontaneously combust . But no I was very good and reminded my self that as good as I would look in that gorgeous red dress, it would not be practical for installing showers
so onwards we searched only to be sidetracked by the next item of non work related clothing
So after several hours of window shopping we headed over to the DFO( direct factory outlet )
where after yet again oohing and aahhing over more gorgeous dresses. I finally walked out with Seven new cute tops and a new pair of sneakers

After all this excitement we caught up with another good friend for coffee at her house where I got to show of my haul and catch up on all the gossip
My suggestion of a meal out was met with excitement as I hadn't eaten any thing other than Churros
the three of us shared a wonderful meal at a by chance find Chinese restaurant  sampling each others order and having a great time And I think we all fell in love with the Kung Bo ( its an odd dish ,starts out like sweet and sour then comes in with a Chili and Ginger kick )

Kung bo Chicken 

SO for not really planning anything other than shopping I ended up having a great day and evening with two of  my wonderful friends

I cant think of anything better than shopping and catching up with friends on my Special Day



=^.^=

1 comment:

Ina said...

Yes it was fun and who is getting fat "its Me" noting for a week ;(