Just an ordinary life


January the ninth 2012

Just a regular day after two weeks holiday. Not so for me as it is also my first day back at work, after the Christmas Dinner when I came out to all

22nd of December I starting living full-time and its been so nice waking showering and then getting dressed without having to think how am I supposed to present today so after two weeks it is so normal now to wake up put on a bra and make-up and head off

This morning was really no different I tried one top and decided no..... not today and put something else on
and decided yes, of into the bathroom brush my teeth and put on some powder and lippy, and head out the door . The only difference was that today I was going to work and being me

Me and Charlie get along quite well . And this morning was no different and as we shared an early morning cuppa he turns around and says " from now on I'm going to call you Alice ,and would you like me to refer to you as SHE and HER "      my reply is obviously a big grin and a nod  " yes thank you Charlie " I didn't need to finish of the rest as he knew how much I appreciated both his friendship and acceptance of me.

For the rest of the day every time he needed to ask a question or ask for assistance he would call out Alice. and not even once slipped even though I expected he might, it is of course only natural to slip up when someone changes  their name or gender .
Several of the trade guys came in today and other than taking a moment to work out in their head why I am wearing girls clothes and a bra .  and once they worked it out it was just business as usual ordering a shower or materials from me just like they always used to
OK most haven't called me Alice yet , but I expect that's because neither myself or my bosses have told them yet
but it is after all my first day back and and it will take them a while to get used to calling me a different name
I already know they have noticed that I'm a bit different but they also know that I pull out all the stops for them when they need it.

So tomorrow is going to be just another day at work as me

I'd so love to be able to say ,oh my god it was so amazing even the sky was bluer and the air sweeter with the fragrance of life
OK it was a bit brighter today.... But really its just a normal day in an ordinary life

the only change i noticed is that no one is scratching their heads in confusion any more


So really living full-time is   " Just an ordinary life   "
 

1 comment:

Ina said...

You quote is so true
"So really living full-time is " Just an ordinary life ""
and it is so verrrrrry normal
Congratulations