I got my Baby back




After Two years of being in storage just waiting for me to come and reclaim her
Finally she's back where she belongs
my beloved road bike

My Baby



This was my first real bike



My old beast . I still miss it 

A beautiful Avanti aggressor mountain bike a black and red beast that used to take me on huge day trips around the hillside regions of Adelaide was unfortunately stolen by of all people a long term and psychological abuser I used to call a friend  $5,000 worth of machine and 16 Years of friendship lost in one week
My local Bike shop knowing my plight offered me A new bike at a ridiculously cheap price
$1,800 for A brand new $4,000 road bike
the lady that owned it had been given the bike from her sponsors for training but she didn't need or have room for it  in amongst her Two training bikes and her $15,000 dollar track bike
it still took me a while to come up with the money but My first real ride was a lovely 2 hour trek in the hills
pretty soon I was clocking up almost 600 kilometres a week and feeling and looking great

So now at last I have my bike back . She needs to go in for a thorough service first
But I can tell were going to have so much fun together
in my last job I used to have an opportunity to take my bike out for rides around Frankston Dromana and Red hill and various other areas that would have been fun to ride around and see the sights
As I used to be finished work by 3:30 and had plenty of daylight left to go sightseeing

I'm looking forward to seeing how quickly I can regain the level of fitness I used to have And how my body looks without this extra layer of blubber I seem to have acquired
Its just a pity I cant pick where I lose it from but as long as I get my Dimples of Venus back I will be a very happy girl .

So Next week I can actually take it for a proper ride and seeing I have my hernia fixed that will hopefully make things a lot more comfortable especially with the carbon seat that has all the resistance and comfort of a brick.

Funny thing Is I might be in an opportunity to trade it for another mountain bike after a discussion with a bike shop in Sunshine so if it not the "Bumble Bee" it will be the "Ice Queen"
yum ice cream
 
Ice Queen 



2 comments:

Ina said...

I get puffed pumping up my tyres :(

Alice Paige said...

try mine they usually sit at 120psi or more
even with a track pump you need a good lie down after one