Breakfast with my boss

Someone just reminded me about this

My boss had asked me for a hand moving some furniture from his storage back into his house
And as usual I found I had double booked myself . Knowing that there would be no time to to race home and change. I decided it would be best if I went as my true self
I clean forgot to warn him that I would be there as the girl I feel I am. So when he opened the door he was a little shocked to see me all made up.
 Yet my boss being the wonderful boss he is called me by my name and never once referred to me in the male gender or name . So after I changed into a daggy t shirt and shoes we headed of and moved several van loads of furniture, white goods and books. seeing that his storage was only around the corner from his house we got the bulk of what he wanted moved in a far shorter amount of time than expected so I actually had a little time to kill before I had to head of for my coffee meetup with Y-Gender
So my boss offered to take me out for breakfast at one of his favourite cafes. I had the bircher style muesli and a latte. I was so surprised at just how comfortable he was with me even though in reality the only thing different about me was that I was dressed a lot better and had make-up on.
After our breakfast he announced that he wanted to go and look for a new lounge suite his previous house mate had left was ugly. (which it was )   So of we trot in search of the perfect lounge shop after shop we chatted freely and tried out the various options. of course I ended up finding the perfect lounge suite for myself
this gorgeous red modular with super comfy cushions reduced from $11,000 to just a mere $7,000
of course I would have to include the lamps and the lovely table with its gloss red glass top and the white entertainment unit
I think after I added up all the bits I liked and wanted it was already over $18,000. but that's my champagne taste and water budget . So I just sat in that lounge and dreamed of what might be until he returned from the toilet .
And of again we continued the hunt for the lounge he wanted. It wasn't until the last few shops , that he commented " you do realise everyone is looking at us like were some bizarre couple" I had noticed this and had been gauging his reaction to the fact that people were questioning us in their minds
I have become used to the odd looks and questioning stares by people and have learned not to be phased by it
unless it becomes something rude or threatening . And was more than ready to take of if it was past his level of comfortability. As it turned out he wasn't actually bothered by it that much. In fact he even commented on the fact that I deal with this almost daily having to live my life with odd looks and applauded the fact I deal with it so well

Sometimes I forget these little treasures in life. OK so its something so simple just a regular day for people who don't have to deal with gender dysphoria. but going out that day was so much fun I actually forgot that  my lifestyle choice is confusing for some

I know by boss hasn't read my posts since he stumbled across my coming out letter too my ex girlfriend and friend . But I hope he knows how much his respect of me that day meant




1 comment:

Ina said...

You are quite correct after you are comfortable in your own skin you forget that other people may not see us the same as we see ourselves.