Moving

Almost every day I have dreamt of moving to a nicer suburb that is closer to my core group of friends both locally
and by default of not having to commute the aptly name Tullamarine carpark (30 plus minutes to get into town with stop start traffic )
which will make it even quicker to go out to visit my friends in and past Frankston

Lately I have been sharing with a female nurse and although we get along fine usually. I have always been aware of her disdain towards me at times in relation to my gender issues. And for the longest time I actually enjoy that she works late so I can feel like at least part of the place is mine .
When ever she's at home I actually stay in my room and feel most unwelcome when she has guests around , even though some of her friends like me and have no problem calling me by my true name and have more than once asked how she(Alice) is doing

So it was a great surprise to me the other day , Tuesday 28/11/11 I was installing a shower screen for a customer in her newly renovated home . Meanwhile she was showing the property to her real-estate agent
I just had to ask and within moments she's giving me the grand tour of the place and describing exactly what she will be doing with both the rear courtyard and the soon to be front courtyard
Already all the rooms have been completely repainted in a nice clean white
the kitchen has had a complete revamp all new cupboards bench-tops and brand new appliances
they have knocked out a wall so the kitchen opens up onto the decent dining and the super spacious lounge-room
And just to top it all of the floors have been re-sanded and polished with a gorgeous honey coloured lacquer

This is quite literally the type of place I have been dreaming about for the last two years
And the first one that has ticked all the boxes I look for in a house (except that there is no tram stop nearby )
although its no more than a ten minute to the Heidelberg train station

So hopefully I will be signing the papers next week as long as I can get the bond and advance rent in time.And  expect to be moving in  shortly after that
I have already worked out that after rent and the storage fee I reluctantly pay every week I will have the grand total of Thirteen Dollars a day left   YAY


ok it doesn't look like much yet but in a few weeks this will be a secluded area for those
beautiful summer nights spent with friends and a glass or two of wine

The rear courtyard
An ideal retreat for a good book


I never noticed the dishwasher before

Oh I can just picture the dinner parties here

This is the First lounge-room picture  I've seen
that actually makes the room look smaller
than it is

So now I need to go back to Adelaide and throw out everything I don't actually need or want any-more
And truck my furniture and the things I cant part with back to my new home . I'm so looking forward to sleeping on my own bed and entertaining with wine food and good cheer with friends

All I need to do now Is find two wonderful people two share my sunny happy home with
And I think I found one lovely person to share with me already

And All I can think of right now
"are we there yet "



=^.^=

4 comments:

Ina said...

That is the best news I'v heard for quite a while!!!!!!!
Its time you had a good brake enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your new home you sexy thing you!

Bree said...

May you find worthy housemates who will treat your home with respect.

Ina said...

I know you are still smiling good on you !!! :)