life

When I first moved over here from Adelaide I left behind a well paying job for a chance at a new life . I had both a job and accommodation lined up both of which fell through at the mid point of my eight hour drive  here
so I had a choice continue onwards to an uncertain future or go back home with my tail between my legs and get my old job back which although was quite possible , I knew I couldn't stall my plans for yet another 10 years.
 So I continued on  and arrived in Melbourne to one of the scariest and daunting sights the skyline of greater Melbourne , coming from a small sleepy town to this mega city put the fear of god into me . but still I persisted.

Having no accommodation and no  idea where I was, I drove around for Three hours trying to find a place to sleep that was within my budget , finally I came across the Coburg motor inn which was my home base for the next two weeks while I searched for a place to live
Finally I found somewhere I met my new landlady and we seemed to hit it of really well , she drove trucks for a living and was a fun person to get to know ,I taught her about hair and  facial care routines  .And she took me to a Buddhist temple for meetings. Of course I hadn't told her about my dreams and goals , but she soon noticed and came to like the female energy I exuded. That was Until her daughter moved in  then the tension started . it was also the first time I went out as Alice .
I had got changed into the new clothes I had bought and went out to a meeting at Ausgender where not only was it my first outing as Alice, but also the first time I would get to meet up with other people who also Identified as Gender diverse. I still remember that giddy feeling just driving up there and when I walked in I felt eyes on me but strangely I wasn't scared or intimidated . it was truly amazing that finally I could meet up with like-minded people and not be cruelly judged as a freak.
Back In Adelaide I used to see two cross dressers that used to go to the same cafe as me , and I always wished I had the courage to ask if I could sit with them , and find out their story as I am sure it would have helped me come to terms with my own desire to be female. but no I spent four months watching them come in for coffee and a chat ,seemingly oblivious of the eyes watching and studying

So finally I'm out in the world as Alice ,and the feeling of excitement and astonishment that I had finally made that first step totally blew me away , with in two weeks I had my first ever shopping trip as the real me . The lovely assistant at my local chemist did my make-up for me , I didn't think that through very well as after that I still had to walk out into a busy mall with make-up on getting strange looks from everyone and get to my van and back home
Anne picked me up and took me too the local DFO ( Direct Factory Outlet ) where yet again I was met by more strange looks . Although there was no malice or rude words thrown my way
sitting there with Anne Having coffee and cake , I suddenly remembered the two cross-dressers I used to watch
and realised that so many girls have been through this daunting first stage and survived and I will too . after coffee we headed of  for the much needed retail therapy.
All the sales girls were lovely and helpful , my first shopping trip although I came back home with money still in my purse ,was a major success

No comments: